The Invicta Men’s 6981 Pro Diver Watch is featured in our best-seller post. It’s somehow both bold and elegant; water resistant; it’s got a beautiful Swiss Quartz movement. It just offers so many wonderful features. But maybe you’re the kind of guy that needs more than great features. Maybe you’re looking for a big, beautiful timepiece to attract the eye. Well, the 6981 Pro Diver Watch is stylish and modern, while also offering a classic edge that is simply undeniable. It’s a bold, masculine timepiece ideal for those that actively enjoy water sports. In fact, even for those that prefer to stay away from the water, this watch is not such a bad deal.
The size of the watch is impressive; measuring at a case diameter of 48mm (that’s an extra-large), with a thickness of 17mm (chunky), this is a big, bold watch with a stainless steel case to match. In addition to the big case, it features a precise Swiss quartz movement; a durable mineral glass to protect against scratches; a beautifully brushed, polished gold and black design; three sub-dials displaying 60 seconds, 30 minutes and 1/10th of a second; a date display; along with luminous hands and markers for use in the dark.
- A beautifully classic, yet modern design makes this a bold and attractive watch for divers and non-divers alike.
- Swiss Quartz movement is practical and of a high quality.
- Durable mineral glass provides excellent protection against scratches.
- Three sub-dials offer a variety of time measurements.
- Luminous hands allow for use in dark conditions.
- A 100-meter water resistance means this is fine for recreational water sports, but probably not a watch for scuba divers or snorkelers.
- The overall size of the watch may be slightly too big for some.
- The wider, high-density polyurethane strap and fold-over clasp buckle may still not be strong enough to hold the weight of the watch. But this depends on the owner.
The Invicta Men’s 6981 Pro Diver Watch is a bold, masculine watch offering an attractive blend of classic elegance and modern practicality. It’s stylish black and gold design attracts attention, while its strong and durable materials ensure that the timepiece remains safe.
The only major downside is that — despite the name — the watch is unsuitable for most divers, and for any other water activity that requires more than 100 meters of resistance. However, the watch offers a number of welcomed features that make it practical for just about all other uses.
On the whole, the watch is a beauty. Its casing is strong and attractive, its features are incredibly practical and well-put together. The Invicta Men’s 6981 Pro Diver Watch is a great watch for anyone in the water and out of it.
With the name ‘diver’ so clearly in the title, it can be something of a disappointment that the timepiece is only resistant to 100 meters of water. But, looking past that, the watch is not short on things to admire.