there’s obviously more to a watch than the way that it looks. Some men, for example, want an old-school watch that looks great and works even better. Perhaps they want a big bulky timepiece that, while impressive and flashy, doesn’t drift too far from what watches are supposed to do: tell the time. Well, for those men, this timepiece may just be worth a look.
The 1090 Skeleton Watch is one of the larger watches on the market — bigger than the standard man’s timepiece. The case measures at a diameter of 52mm with a thickness of 16mm, making it very noticeable on the wrist. A mechanical hand-wind movement powers the watch, and the dial is protected by a strong synthetic-sapphire material. A black polyurethane band straps the watch to your wrist and a buckle clasp secures its place. A fixed bezel surrounds the dial and the exhibition case back of the watch offers a look at the inner workings of the magnificent timepiece. It’s water-resistant to 50m (165ft), making it suitable for short periods of swimming but nothing more intense.
- The old-fashioned hand-wind mechanics ensure that perfect time is kept every single day.
- A simple, stripped-back design for the old school man.
- Beautiful exhibition case offers a clear view at the Russian mechanics within.
- This is a big watch; much larger than the standard men’s watch. It’s definitely not something to wear during manual work or day-to-day activities.
- The necessary daily hand-winding may put off the more casual watch wearer.
- 50m of Water-Resistance may be useless for the professional diver interested in purchasing it. It’s perfect for short bouts of swimming, but nothing more.
- A fixed bezel may not be to some people’s tastes, and with no sub-dials, it’s tough to measure time more precisely.
The Invicta Men’s 1090 Russian Diver Rose Gold-tone Stainless Steel Skeleton Watch is a very large, aesthetically-pleasing timepiece for the old-school man. Offering a beautiful case and one of the most stunning exhibition backs, it’s hard to ignore the simple beauty of a watch like this.
Unfortunately, the watch never really lives up to the promise of its (very long) name. With a water resistance of only 50m, it feels a bit of a stretch to call it a diver’s watch. Suitable for swimming and light water recreational activities, perhaps, but far from a timepiece specifically made for divers.
The old-school man would love a watch like this. It’s simple, it’s beautiful, it’s effortlessly modern, but with all the charm of a classic watch. Assuming the wearer doesn’t mind winding their own watch, this is a very impressive watch.
The Invicta Men’s 1090 Russian Diver Rose Gold-tone Stainless Steel Skeleton Watch would easily tick a lot of boxes in the ‘attractive watch’ survey. Aesthetically, it’s difficult to find a watch that looks more visually pleasing than this.