Contrary to the brand name’s literal meaning, the Latin word “invincible,” Invicta is among of today’s famous watch brands with an extensive collection of timepieces with original concepts for different tastes.
The brand’s history has not always been a smooth one. Just like what happened to most of the watch brands upon the arrival of the quartz movement, Invicta also disappeared from the market for quite some time. After years of hiatus, the brand started to get back on track by focusing on designing oversized timepieces with perfect fitting.
Lets’ take a look at some of the brand’s fascinating facts, their struggles, accomplishments, and journey to success.
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT INVICTA
- Like other luxury watch brands, Invicta also originated on the land of well-known horologists, Switzerland
- Among the brand’s most famous lines include Pro Diver, Elite, and The Angel
- The brand does not only produces watches, but they also do hats, eyewear, and bags under their name.
- The brand has their own repair facilities and service call centers
- Among the brand’s notable partners include the former American football player, Jason Taylor. Taylor’s collection is a limited edition and was carefully created by him and the Invicta design team.
- The brand created the Invicta Collector’s Club that aims to provide royal treatment to their dedicated collectors
- Invicta also operates stores and service centers in Europe and Asia
- Invicta is among the list of top quality and fashionable watches with affordable prices
- Invicta Watch Group’s brands also include Technomarine and Glycine, and S. Coifman
- The company is headquartered in Hollywood, Florida with productions in Hongkong and Japan
- According to the brand’s website statistics, more than a half of Invicta watch owners have 10 or more of the brand’s timepieces in their collection, and they are gaining more than a hundred thousand of new collectors each year
- Even though Invicta timepieces are currently manufactured overseas, some of the brand’s 100% Swiss-made watches are still available
- Invicta’s Lupah line which targets the young buyers are created with so many variations of strap types and dial colors to choose from
- Invicta is one of the world’s most technically capable watch makers with affordable prices. Among the brand’s high-quality and most notable achievements is the creation of their skeletonized movement, as well as their unique gold layering technique
- The brand does not only create watches for men, but they have also created lines for women such as Gabrielle and Angel
- Among the celebrities who are seen wearing Invicta watches is Arnold Schwarzenegger
INVICTA HISTORY TIMELINE
1837: Raphael Picard founded Invicta in Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland. His aim was to provide high-quality Swiss watches to people at affordable prices
1896: Telescope and Invicta were registered for watches.
Invicta was trademarked as a brand name for watches, boxed and packaging
1940: The brand was introduced into the US market by Morris Hoffman
1959: Invicta was commissioned by the USSR’s Council of Labor and Defense Commission to create exclusive watches for the naval fleet officers
1970s: The quartz movement revolution pushed the brand out of popularity and disappeared from the market
1991: A US-based company purchased the brand and relocated its headquarters at Basel, Switzerland
1990s: Invicta started using automatic winding movements, antireflective sapphire crystals and Swiss made manual in their creations
2000s: The brand started creating their own calibers such as the Technica Swiss Ebauche. The skeletonized movements including the Swiss gold layering technique were also developed
The Lupah Swiss Chronograph line which has a patented oversized case, colorful strap, distinctive dial and rounded crystal was created
2002: Invicta became an ETA certified watch brand and evolved into among the fastest growing watch companies
2004: Invicta became the Invicta Watch group
It was also the same year when the S. Coifman was added as a brand to the company
2005: The remaining sample of the Russian Naval Fleet 1959 model was found and replicated. It was then launched with a new and impressive 60mm case diameter
2006: The Invicta Care Foundation was established which aims to help, empower and serve the less fortunate people
2010: The company’s foundation partnered with the Emmaus Medical Mission which sought to help the poor community of Mindo, Ecuador
During this year, the company has annual sales of $50 million. They also started outsourcing the manufacturing of their watches in other countries outside Switzerland
2012: The brand was featured in the annual International Baselworld show held in Switzerland
It was also the same year when the Invicta Edge of Space Watch Project was introduced where 36 timepieces were launched to the upper reaches of the stratosphere and thermally soaked for three hours
Invicta’s first retail store in Boca Raton, Florida was also opened in the same year
They also shipped free watches to the American soldiers who are serving overseas
The new line of watches under the brand’s partnership with the NFL player, James Taylor was launched
2013: The brand received a variety of achievements and recognitions. Among these recognitions include the Red Dot Award in Production Design. The Red Dot Award is an international award-giving body which only recognizes the most innovative and finest products.
2014: The Bolt Zeus Tria, a mastermind timepiece powered by a Swiss quartz movement was launched. It features three time zones with a unique dial for each timezone
By this year, Invicta has created a wide range of timepieces with more than one thousand models to offer
2015: The company continued their expansion and had acquired the famous luxury brand Technomarine
It was also the same year when the brand opened its flagship store and 17th location at the famous Time Square, New York
2016: The next generation subaqua, named as the Reserve NOMA IV was released. This high-quality timepiece was developed with an exceptional construction and engineering technology and can allow pressure depths of up to 500 meters
2017: Invicta currently has stores in various states and other locations overseas. Their products are also available for purchase in their online stores
Articles You Might Be Interested
- Top 3 Reasons Why Haters Hate or Dislike Invicta Watches
- Top 3 Reasons Why People Love Invicta Watches
- Invicta Watches Review And What You Need to Know About the Brand
- 12 Expensive Invicta Men’s Watches Above $500 That Are Worth Your Investment
- Top 14 Best Invicta Pro Diver Men’s Sports Watches of 2017